Tuesday, November 23, 2010

0

Jay-Z Names His Top 5 MCs Of All-Time

Posted in

Jay-Z may be considered by many, one of the greatest MCs of all time, but the Roc Nation leader has his own list and it doesn't include himself. While being interviewed by Charlie Rose again on Friday, Jay-Z was asked be an audience member who his top 5 rappers were, dead or alive was (including himself of course). Jay-Z began with his contemporaries then mentioned a couple legends.
"I guess I would choose Big because of his ability to tell stories, to be humorous, to be dead serious. He just had it all, and the voice alone," Jay said of his friend. "I choose Pac because his fire would overcome his...what he doesn't have in technical skills would be overcome by passion. If you listen to that Tunnel verse with Big, he's saying "MC Hammer and the .357...women," Jay said, reciting a clean version of Big's bars, before continuing on about 2Pac. "Then you hear how he comes on, he just screams on the track. His passion could put a lot of guys to sleep."
"I guess uh, Kool G. Rap. I would uh, yeah KRS-One. I need more emcees, I gotta get Eminem and Nas in you know? Them as well. But those five, then we'll switch'em up."

0 Maoni/comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Msimamo Ligi Kuu TZ