Monday, October 18, 2010

0

Jay-Z Gets Shot Down By Sade

Jay-Z probably could get anything in the music world that he wanted except for Sade. Jay-Z offered to do a collaboration with the British Soul legend but she shot him down. Jay-Z won't be the first or the last to get dissed by Sade. In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, Sade says she refuses to work with rappers for fear of seeming inadequate.
“I’m too scared. They’ll find me out. It’s like The Wizard of Oz. They’ll find out there’s nothing there. As for collaborations, I’m collaborating with the band and do what we do. I see myself as a member of this band who does these songs that we write.” Though she does add that in the unlikely event that an artist does get a sample of Sade’s music cleared it likely won’t cost them much. She jokes, “When it comes to sample clearances, I’m probably the cheapest chick in the west.”
Sade and her band released "Soldier of Love" earlier this year debut at a number one spot on Billboard. They are currently touring in support of the record.

0 Maoni/comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Msimamo Ligi Kuu TZ